Amvidia Tag Editor allows to Find and Replace tags precisely with full control over amendments. You can search and automatically replace tags in the entire worksheet or within selected area.
Search in tags and filenames
1. Select the range of metadata cells that you want to search. Read more on how to select required cells with keyboard shortcuts >>
If you want to search the entire audio collection, click any cell.
2. Press Cmd + F keys and type characters you are searching for in the "Text to find" field.
Tag Editor will highlight in yellow color returned search strings. Use right or left arrows in the Find panel to navigate to the next or previous occurrence of the find text.
3. To specify additional search criteria, click on the magnifying glass in the search field and select required options:
|Ignore Case||Search both in the capital and lower case letters.
Disabling of 'Ignore Case' option narrows the search to case-sensitive.
|Starts With||Search all tags which begin with the specified string. For example, "A" in search string returns Adele and AC/DC.|
|Contains||Return tags which include the defined characters. For example, "A" in search string returns Adele, AC/DC and Madonna.|
|Ends With||Return metadata which ending with the query. For example, "A" in search string returns Madonna.|
|Matches||Return exactly matched to the query results. For example, "Adele" is found only with "Adele" search string.|
Filter search results
Filter function streamlines tagging process. Tag Editor with enabled Filter displays only songs which correspond to your search so that you can concentrate on their tagging. Other files, which metadata or names don't match your current search query, will be hidden.
Once you have finished with tagging of filtered songs, you can unhide other tracks by either clearing the search field, disabling the Filter or entering another search query.
Replace found text
1. Enter characters that you need to replace in the 'Find text' field as it described above.
2. Tick 'Replace' checkbox in the Find panel
3. In the 'Text for replacement' box type the replacement characters.
To remove found characters from tags, leave the 'Text for replacement' box blank.
4. To replace the highlighted in orange occurrence, click 'Replace'.
To replace all occurrences of the characters in the sheet without reviewing them first, click 'All'.
Find and Replace panel